To complete the configuration you will need the following information from your Twilio and Marketing4WiFi dashboard:
- Dashboard Environment
- Twilio Account SID
- Twilio Auth Token
- Twilio SMS-enabled Phone Number
- Marketing4WiFi API Token
You will need to make the follow changes to your Twilio account:
- Login to your Twilio account and go to https://www.twilio.com/console/sms/services
- Create a new ‘Message Service’ by clicking on the + button.
- -Give the service a name and select a 2 Way communication ‘Use Case’:
- You will now be in the settings page for your service. Make sure to select ‘SEND AN INCOMING_MESSAGE WEBHOOK’ and fill in the request url as an HTTP POST with the API URL for your environment replaceing <token> with your API token from the replacing <token> with your API token from the Operator Customization page. Save the page when complete.
- US-A POST URL
- US-B POST URL
- Now you will need to add the Twilio number configured to the Marketing4WiFi platform to the SMS service. On the left click on ‘Numbers’ then select ‘Add Existing Twilio Number’. Select the correct Twilio number by checking the box next to it and pressing ‘Add Selected’.
You will need to make the following changes to your dashboard.
- Login to the dashboard and go to Operator Customizations.
- Paste the appropriate information into the Twilio fields.
Consider setting up an secondary Twilio number for your marketing campaigns.
- Submit the changes.
- Use the ‘Send Test SMS’ button to confirm the Twilio configuration was successful.
SMS Login Diagram: