If you need to re-setup a TP-Link841 that has OpenWRT installed on it, please follow the steps below:
- Connect the WAN port to a clean Internet connection and connect the LAN port to the computer that you will be using to refresh the controller.
- Login to openWRT on the controller by visiting 192.168.1.1 (or the static IP you use for your devices by default)
- Login to the openWRT LUCI Interface
- Go to System>Backup/Flash Firmware and “Perform Reset” (This factory defaults the openWRT installation and removes any of the previous configuration or corruption that may be causing issues)
- After the system is erased and ready to-reinitialize, login to the openWRT LUCI interface (no password this time since it was erased).
- Login and setup a new password – Save and Apply.
- Be sure the WiFi radio is enabled >Network>WiFi>Enable
- We HIGHLY recommend that you set a Static IP other than 192.168.1.1
- Now, using the Putty utility, Connect to your device using SSH
- Login using ‘root’ as the login name and use the password you setup in the previous step. (If you get a ‘Security Breach error, simply click ‘Yes’)
- Now, paste the command from the Smart WiFi Dashboard under gateway settings.
[alert style=”info”]wget ‘http://dashboard.smartwifiplatform.com/OpenWRT/setup.php’ -O setup.sh;sh setup.sh;rm setup.sh;[/alert]
- Once it’s completed, you will be returned to the command prompt and you will notice the controller rebooting.
- Let it reboot and give it about 60-120 seconds to fully load. Your controller is now re-initialized!