The following instructions outline how to setup a Mist device for the SmartWiFi Platform. Please make sure any firewall rules, web content filters, and other security measures have been configured to interface with the Smart WiFi Platform.
1. Login in to the Mist Portal.
2. Click on the Networks icon in the left hand column and click on WLANS.
3. Click on your WLAN SSID.
Please see the screenshot at the bottom of the article for a visual reference for Steps 4 – Step 7.e.
4. Under Security click on Open Access.
5. Under WLAN Status click the Enabled radio button.
6. Under Isolation check the prohibit peer to peer communication.
7. Under Guest Portal make the following changes.
a. Click on the Forward to external portal.
b. Portal URL: select one
d. Allowed hostnames: Please add all the Default walled garden entries.
Note: Make sure to put commas in between walled garden entries. Additionally, wild cards cannot be used here.
e. The API Secret is automatically generated by Mist and is unique to every WLAN. You will need this API Secret when creating the Mist gateway in the Smart WiFi platform, see screenshot below.
In the SmartWiFi Platform navigate to Hotspot->Hotspot List-> Gateways. If you do not have the API Secret when initially creating the Mist gateway you can put a “.” in the API Secret field.
Mist SITE Id
Create A Mist API Key
1. Login to your Mist portal.
2. In your web browser, open a new tab and go to this link : https://api.mist.com/api/v1/self/apitokens
3. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post button.
After you click the Post button the following information will populate in the script section.
Mist only provides this specific API Key ONCE and you will not be able to recover it. Make sure to document this API Key somewhere.
If this API key is lost, you can always create a new one. Please keep in mind that you will need to use the updated key on every node in the Analytics 4 WiFi dashboard.