The information contained in this article is a reference and may not be 100% accurate. Additional steps MAY need to be taken. We recommend that your website developer or another technical person handles these steps for you. You will need your own branded splash page hostname to complete this guide.
Step One: Creating and configuring LinkedIn Developer App.
Creating the App
- Login to the LinkedIn developer website.
- Using the navigation bar at the top select My Apps then click ‘+ Create App’.
- Complete the Create an App page with your business details and press ‘Create App’.
- On the settings page for the page just created, use the navigation tabs for the app to select Auth.
- Collect and save the Client ID and Client Secret to be used later in this guide.
- Next to Authorized Redirect URLs for your app click the blue pencil to edit.
- Click ‘+Add Redirect URL’ three times and add the follow entries.
https://examplesplash.yourdomain.com/LinkedIn/index.php https://splash.4wifi.net/LinkedIn/index.php https://splash.4wifi-e2.net/LinkedIn/index.php
- Press Update
- Use the navigation tabs for the app to select Products.
- Click Select next to the ‘Sign in with LinkedIn’.
- Review the terms and add the product.
Step Two: Configure Operator Customizations
- Login to the Marketing4WiFi dashboard.
- On the menu to the left open Operator Settings tab and click Operator Customizations.
- Click on the Branding tab at the top.
- Paste the LinkedIn Client ID and LinkedIn Client Secret collected in step 1.x into the corresponding fields.
- Click Submit.