The information contained in this article is a reference and may not be 100% accurate. Additional steps MAY need to be taken. We recommend that your website developer or another technical person handles these steps for you. You will need your own branded splash page hostname to complete this guide.
Step One: Creating Facebook Developer App
- Login to your Facebook Developer account.
- Click on My Apps and Click Create App.
- Select ‘Consumer’ and press Next.
- Configure the App Display name and App Contact Email and press Create App
Note: after clicking the Submit button you will be redirected to a new page, see below.
- On the Facebook Login tile click ‘Set up’.
- This will add the Facebook Login product to your app.
Please move on to Step Two.
Step Two: Configure Facebook Login
- On the menu to the left under Products click settings for Facebook Login.
- The Client OAuth settings toggles can remain in their default state.
- Valid OAuth Redirect URIs: Add /globalwifi/index.php to your branded splash hostname to this field. Example-
- Deauthorize callback URL: Add /facebook/de-auth.php?app_id=<FACEBOOK_APP_ID> to your branded splash hostname to this field. Replace <FACEBOOK_APP_ID> with the id of the App you’re currently configuring. Example-
Step Three: Configure Basic Settings
- On the menu to the left open the Settings tab and click on Basic.
- Fill out the form using the following settings as a guide.
- App Domains: your splash page domain
- Terms of Services URL: link to your hosted Terms of Service
- User Data Deletion: Select Data Deletion callback URL.
For the link add /facebook/delete-data.php?app_id=<FACEBOOK_APP_ID> to your branded splash hostname. Replace <FACEBOOK_APP_ID> with the id of the App you’re currently configuring. Example-
- App Icon: upload your desired logo
- Category: Business and Pages
- App Purpose: Clients
- Click Add Platform at the bottom, select website for the platform.
For the Site URL use a splash page URL from the platform with the Facebook login method enabled. Facebook will crawl this page to ensure your login method works as intended. Example-
- Click Save Changes.
- Near the top of the page there should be a toggle switch that says ‘In development’. Click the toggle to move the App into live mode.
Step Four: Request Advanced Access & Enable Application
- On the menu to the left under App Review click Permissions and Features.
- Find the Permission for public_profile and click ‘Get advanced access’ to the right.
- Review the terms for the permissions and use the checkbox to agree and confirm the permission.
- Use the App Mode toggle at the top of the page to change your application from Development to Live.
Step Five: Configure Operator Customizations
- Login to the Marketing4WiFi dashboard.
- On the menu to the left open Operator Settings tab and click Operator Customizations.
- Click on the Branding tab at the top.
- Paste the Facebook App ID and Facebook App Secret collected in step three into the corresponding fields.
- Click Submit