Step One: Connecting your Ads4WiFi and Marketing4WiFi Client
- Log in to your Ads4WiFi dashboard. Go to the Operator Customization page and retrieve the Ads4WiFi API Key.
- Log in to your Marketing4WiFi dashboard and go to the Client Customization page of the Client you want to configure the integration for.
- Click the toggle ON for the ‘Enable Ads4WiFi Integration’ option.
- Enter your Ads4WiFi API Key in the designated area.
- Click the toggle ON for ‘Ad-Based Login’
- Click Submit
Step Two: Creating a M4W AdSpace in Ads4WiFi
Please see the Ads4WiFi support article on Creating AdSpaces for Marketing 4 WiFi and create a M4W AdSpace before continuing on to the next step.
Step Three: Configuring the hotspot
- In your Marketing4WiFi dashboard use the navigation panel and select the Session Profile page under Network.
- Use the ‘Add Profile’ button to create the Session Profile you would like to use for the Ad-Based login method under the correct Client.
- Once you have created the desired Session Profile, use the navigation panel to select the Hotspot page under Network.
- Use the blue edit button to edit the desired hotspot under the Client. Scroll to the ‘Login Details’ section.
- Type of Login must be set to Social(All Login Options)
- Click the toggle ON for the Ad-Based login method
- Ad-Space: Select the Ad Space created in Step Two
- Session Profile: Select the Session Profile created in Step Three #2
- Ad Viewing Time: Enter the amount of time you want a guest to have to view the Ad Space before they’re able to connect and be redirected.
- Video Ad Length Override: If this toggle is enabled when a video banner is displayed the Ad Viewing time will be replaced with the length of the video. Pausing the video will result in the counter stopping as well.
- Show CTA Button: Toggle to control if the Ad Space Call-to-Action button will be visible to guests. (CTA button or Connect button must be enabled)
- Show Connect/Action Button: Toggle to control if the splash page Connect/Action button will be visible to guests. (CTA button or Connect button must be enabled)
- Limited Use: Toggle to control if the splash page should limit the amount of Ad Based logins a guest can use. (optional)
- Number of Uses: Defines the number of times a unique guest (Device MAC) can use the Ad Based login method.
- Time period to Reset Uses: Defines the amount of time since the first Ad Based login method was used by a unique guest (device MAC) before their Number of Uses is reset.
- Press Submit
Dashboard User Experience Notes
- This login method is only visible to Operator Users of the platform.
Guest Experience Notes
- Guests who connect using the Ad-Based login will be assigned the Session Profile configured to the login method under the hotspot settings.
- If a hotspot is using the Limited Use option guests will be able to view the Ad-Based button until they exceed the configured number of uses.
- If a hotspot is using the Limited Use option guests allowed number of uses will reset after the configured time period to reset uses elapses based on their first connection within the period.
- Guests who connect using the Ad-Based login method will be treated as New Guest upon their next redirection to the captive portal splash page.
- Guests who have an active Guest Plan will be unable to view the Ad-Based login button on splash pages.