- Networks>Gateways>Add Gateway
- Choose the Hotspot where this gateway will be installed.
- Enter the gateway name that you prefer.
- Select ‘Mikrotik Routerboard’ on the pull-down menu.
- Enter the device MAC Address.
- Enter the desired SSID name.
- Use the toggles to control the following:
- Wired LAN Ports to Splash: This will configure LAN ports 2 through 5 of the device to serve the splash page. If disabled the LAN ports will be connected to the WAN and have open access to the upstream network.
- Client Isolation: When this setting is enabled it prevents a device that is connected to the network by a wireless connection from accessing resources that are connected to the network by a wired connection.
- WLAN2: When this setting is enabled, if the MikroTik device has a 5ghz radio it will be enabled and configured with the same settings as the 2.4ghz radio.
Enter any notes related to the Gateway (ie: Where the device was installed).
- Click ‘Submit’
- Once saved, go back to the Gateway list.
- Select the Mikrotik Gateway you just added and click the ‘Edit’ icon.
- You will now have a “View” button in the panel. Click it to get the script that will be pasted into the Mikrotik Winbox application.
- Follow the ‘Configuring a Mikrotik Routerboard‘ instructions to complete the device configuration.