To add a Hotspot to the Smart WiFi Dashboard, follow the simple steps below:
- Hotspot Details- The fields in this section cover the unique details of the physical location of the hotspot. You can use the Google maps search box to auto fill the fields available through Google.
- Splash Page Selector-
Guest Flow or Splash Page: select between using a guest flow or a splash page.
Splash Page / Guest List: select the splash page or guest flow intended for use with this hotspot.
- Login Details-
Type of Login: select the desired options for guests to login.
- Simple: Simple “connect” button – will only collect the MAC address.
- Email: The guest will only be able to login using an email address.
- Social: The guest will be able to login using any of the social authentication designated “on” in the dashboard. If selected, you will see a configurable list of available Login Methods for your hotspot. Turn On and Off the methods as you desire.
- Facebook ‘Like’ URL: Add a Facebook page URL to enable a Facebook like page in the Facebook login process.
- Twitter Handle: Configure the @username for the hotspot.
- First Name: Enable to collect First Name as part of the Email login process.
- Last Name: Enable to collect Last Name as part of the Email login process.
- Birthdate: Enable to collect Birthdate as part of the Email login process.
- Gender: Enable to collect Gender as part of the Email login process.
- Verification Expiration: Configure the time an SMS verification is good for. Once SMS verification expires Guests must complete the SMS verification process during login again.
- Guest Plans
- Pay with Credit Card Text: Add your desired text for the pay with credit card button.
- Pay with Paypal Text: Add your desired text for the pay with Paypal button.
- Guest Plans(Required): If enabled, return guests will be unable to see the connect button unless they have an active guest plan.
- Access Code
- Access Code(Required): After a guest authenticates using their preferred social login method, they will be required to take an additional step and submit the Access Code for the hotspot. If you enable Require Access Code, Access COde will no longer be available as a social connection.
- Access Code: Enter the desired Access Code for the hotspot.
- SMS Required: After a guest authenticates using their preferred social login method, they will be required to take an additional step and submit their telephone number and then enter a code sent to their phone via SMS. If you enable Require SMS, SMS will no longer be available as a social connection.
- Enable Opt-Out Login: Allows guests to connect to the hotspot without using the offered social logins. The device MAC address will be used in the guest profile instead of social login information.
- Consent Box: Requires guests to accept a pop up notification containing the defined text before they can connect to the hotspot.
- Random MAC Address Detection: If enabled when a device with a randomized MAC is redirected to the splash page, a configurable pop up notification will be displayed to inform the guest that their device is using a randomized MAC address. The user can press ‘Ok’ to navigate to the splash page and connect with the randomized MAC.
- Require Unique MAC Address: If enabled when a device with a randomized MAC is displayed the ‘Random MAC Address Detection’ pop up notification, the ‘Ok’ button will be hidden resulting in the user being unable to access the splash page to connect to the WiFi.
- Guest Plans– Configure which Guest Plans you would like to offer on this hotspot.
- Hotspot Schedule- Use this feature to control when guests will be able to authenticate through the splash page.
- Presence Data– Enable Presence data for this hotspot. Requires additional configuration.
- Default Session Profile– These settings control the guest experience once connected.
- Redirect Details-
- Append Guest Token: Toggle to enable including the Guest Token to your redirect URL.
- Redirect URL: Enter where you would like guests to be sent after connecting through your splash page.
- Gender Redirect URL (male): Enter where you would like guests who share their male gender status during login to be sent after connecting through your splash page.
- Gender Redirect URL (female): Enter where you would like guests who share their female gender status during login to be sent after connecting through your splash page.
- Birthday Redirect: Enter where you would like guests who share their birthdate during login and their birthday is today.
- Gateway Details- You can add an gateway to the hotspot using the ‘Add Gateway’ button.
Gateways can also be created from the ‘Add Gateway‘ page.
Please see the following articles for more information about the features available on the hotspot page.
- Guest Flow
- Splash Page
- Hotspot Schedule
- Session Profile
- Redirect Details
- Guest Token
- Add Gateway
Here’s a video tutorial: